History, Current & Future
Phase One : Consultants would be engaged either to
get licenses from the government, in policy making or in paperwork for compliance
Phase Two : Liberalisation took place in India and
HR functions started acting in a big way to accommodate the changes required. They
were not able to answer a lot of those issues.
Phase Three :
- Processes for cost reduction and quality : TQM and Processes for machine focus :
- ISO- Phase : We did not get in. Importer and international partners enforced this.
Operations were enforced to adopt the processes they may not have adopted willingly
with an objective to improve operations.
- Automation processes : Organisations jumped on to technology in a big way. Internally
done. Consultants would write the process and companies would forget or found it
difficult to implement them in a sustainable way.
- Best Practise Phase : These implementations were led by technology companies like
SAP, ORACLE based on their knowledge and datasets.
- Processes for Strategy deployment : This phase was all about alignment of organisation
with the structure.
Current Phase : Processes for customer and customer
centricity. Global competition. End to End view of business issues must be taken
into account for delivering solutions .
Future Phase : Being Agile and Nimble;
Low on resources consumption; Low on tangibles and high on intangibles; and higher